Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Birthday Excitement

My birthday wasn't going to be that exciting this year. I had a doctor's appointment and then worked all day. I came home knowing that I would be working some more, but when I got home Steve and the boys had gotten me a CAKE and PRESENTS!! (Steve had also done the dishes, which is my favorite kind of presents.) Steve said the boys picked out the cake. I guess he tried to talk them into a different one, but they were adamant.

Kayden said, "Look Mom, we got you a cake. Dad, you get the fire." So Steve lit the candles and they sang Happy Birthday to me, and we got to have some cake after dinner.

Kayden is obsessed with birthday cake. He could care less about presents. He always wants to know where the cake is when it's someone's birthday.


I got a movie and some chocolate chip cookie dough for my presents (I obviously really like cookie dough)! I guess there is one more present in the mail. And thanks to everyone who sent cards and other gifts as well and texted, called, or emailed. I opened up the cards as they came this year instead of waiting for my birthday.





So it was a great birthday because my boys made me happy!!

The other day Kayden told me, "Mom, I'm tired of waiting for Baby Jenna."

I said, "I'm tired of waiting too."

So unless she decides to come on her own sooner she is scheduled to arrive next Friday!!

2 comments:

Erin Camp said...

Next Friday! Kevin will be home. Do we get the boys? I know you'll say no because of that whole Erin is a head case thing, but we want them....... And Happy Birthday. Steve's a liar. He said he didn't have anything planned and I got mad and stuck my tongue out at him via text. But, it looks like he took care of you. I love the pics of the cake.....with the gigantic Motrin bottle next to it. Who's sick? "Dad, get the fire." Love it. Love you guys too. See you soon.

Anonymous said...

HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY!! I am glad steve planned a good night for you. You deserve it.