Saturday, October 13, 2007

cool places we have been

When Matthew came to Omaha, we went to Kansas City and caught a Royals vs. White Sox game. It was chilly, but the ball park was gorgeous.

Mom, Helen, Christina, and Sarah (with Matthew peeking in on the left) at Carthage jail. Where they are standing is where Joseph Smith fell from the second story window when he was murdered.

Christina and I outside of Carthage. The statue is of Joseph and his brother Hyrum.

Christina and I went to Nauvoo twice while in Omaha. This is outside of Joseph Smith's residence in Nauvoo. After spending time in Nauvoo, there is no way to deny that Joseph was and is the prophet of God who restored the only true church on the face of the earth. You simply feel it in your soul in his city on the banks of the Mississippi. Through this church is the only way to find real peaceful happiness, because it is the only way you can return to live with God, through the Savior, Jesus Christ.

Truth restored. The Nauvoo temple was awesome!!!! Christina, my mom and dad, and myself caught a session Friday morning. Amazing.

Christina and I went to Lawrence, Kansas to Allen Fieldhouse and watched Idaho State play at Kansas University. Some of the greatest basketball names of all time played or coached here including Wilt Chamberlain, and the inventor of basketball, Dr. James Naismith was their first coach.

Matthew and I looking out over the valley of Adam Ondi Ahman. Adam and his seed will meet here again during the millenium. Just a few weeks before Matthew left for Armenia. He will be home in May of 2008.

Christina and Matthew at the temple site Far West. This is simply a tribute to the pioneers. However, in the background under the glass you can see one of the original corner stones for the temple. All four still exist. This is literally in the middle of nowhere. About 20 miles from Adam Ondi Ahman. It started raining pretty hard right after we left Adam Ondi Ahman and lasted until we made it to Kansas City.

Matthew and I at Liberty Jail near Kansas City. This is a replica of the original jail. However, it is built on the same spot and site as the original. Joseph Smith received a ton of revelation here. D&C 121 is one of my favorites, and occurred in this spot. Hyrum Smith couldn't stand straight up in the jail below. These guys were in there for more than 4 months I think. Amazing what the pioneers went through for us.

This is a picture of me and Matthew on the temple site of the reorganized church. We are standing on the location of our respective missions. The temple site for the Independence temple is across the street.

Christina and I have also traveled to Houston, Austin, Idaho, Sacramento, and visited some of the unfortunate who live in Utah. Looking forward to more trips together. Maybe a visit to Philadelphia next summer to visit Carrie...

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Was this just recently? Where did Kayden go? I love those church sites. Testimony builder!
(I will ignore the unfortunate Utahns comment thank you very much. :)

Kelsey said...

YOU are SUPPOSED TO COME House hunting in the H town, Dawgs! Duhhh! Come back, please? I will make you yummy dinners! =) Cool pics and nice testimony, steveo

Candace said...

Looks like a fun and eventful trip. I love those.

Jayci said...

i bet that was really fun for Matt before he went on his mission. how much longer does he have?

These pictures are really cute of you and Christina. You two will need to go up to Alaska sometime in the next 4 years - you'll have a free place to stay!

Anonymous said...

In Nauvoo, I felt those sweet feelings too. And when we came out of the Carthage Jail I was fighting back the feeling of wanting to sob. It touches your soul. Thank you for putting it in words.

steve said...

matt comes back may 1st. i like your husband, but you should have waited for matt. just kidding!

Heidi said...

If you go to Philly next summer, you should take Andrew along. He loved going there last year

Heidi said...

This post has strengthened my testimony of many things, but most of all, I testify that Steve is missing a butt. Look at those saggy pants.

steve said...

why you looking at my butt? gross...

Tiffani said...

I'm so glad you found me. I've thought about you a lot lately. How are things going for you guys? Kayden is so big! And he is such a JUDD! What a cutie. Talk to you soon.
Tiff

Heidi said...

dude, update!

Kelsey said...

A BLOG IS FOR UPDATING! IF YOURE NOT GOING TO, DONT DO ONE! =) J/k. still done one- just get with it!

steve said...

No reason to update if Jared isn't going to post