Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Deep Thoughts


Andrew and i recently joined Snap Fitness. Our workouts started on Monday at 5:30 am. Today was our second workout. It was easier to wakeup today. It feels so good to run and exercise. I also lifted weights each day. Bench, inclines, shoulder workouts. Very nice.

Here is my problem. I am about 5'10" or 5'11" and the scale in my bathroom says i weigh 191.5 pounds. When you go to www.thebiggestloser.com, you can enter your height and weight and it will tell you your mass body index, and whether you are a healthy weight or overweight. Biggest loser says i am overweight (so did Christina by the way), but if i type in that i am 5'11", i am healthy weight. 5'10" and i need to lose 5 pounds. very frustrating. i have been eating better and exercising and i have lost exactly .5 pounds in 10 days. how come i can't lose weight? muscle weighs more than fat, but 2 days of workouts doesn't make me hulk hogan all of a sudden. very frustrating....


it has actually been a good experience with christina being sick with the new baby. i feel that kayden and i have become very close. all of a sudden, i know how to spend time with my son. i honestly didn't know what to do with him before. kayden is by far the greatest blessing of my life. ok him and christina are tied....


kayden is learning and growing. i am kind of sad. he loves spinning on this wheel at grandpa judds house. he does it for hours it seems and never gets tired. he is starting to say words. one thing that frustrates me: he can say a 3 syllable word in portuguese perfectly but can't say "yes." ARGGHHHHHH! it is always NO. always! kid is killing me and christina because of this. but he loves saying big bird, elmo, more, please, annie, tigger, dash, etc.

my favorite is this however: about a month ago he came running in the house saying uh oh! i looked down and he had tracked dog crap all throughout the house. so, as i only speak to him in portuguese, i calmed him down and told him that he stepped in "o coco' de annika." coco' is pronounced with the accent on the second "o". it means poop. kaydens favorite thing to do now is to immediately run in the backyard when we get home, find annie's poo and yell at the top of his lungs, "ANNIE COCO". only, he says it with the accent over the first "o" like chocolate cocoa. absolutely hilarious.

finally, what is up with the retarded Spurs? they foul shaq in the third quarter after the spurs score? THIS ISN'T BASKETBALL! i now hate the spurs with a passion for their ploys last night against phoenix. steve nash singlehandedly revived the nba, kind of like jordan and bird and magic did back in the 80s. steve nash has made nba basketball somewhat bearable to watch, and the spurs hack-a-shaq in the THIRD QUARTER? embarrasing

peace out.....annie COCOAAAAAAAA

7 comments:

Heidi said...

I'm so proud that you and Andrew are going to Snap Fitness, especially so early. I was very frustrated when I first started my 'healthier lifestyle.' I went from doing nothing basically and changed to a stricter diet and exercise program and at first I lost only 1 or 2 pounds - I was so mad!! But I kept with it and it's been 14 weeks now and I'm down 18 pounds so far. My only advice: really pay attention to serving sizes - I cut out things like butter and most sweets and switched to low fat dairy products and lite dressings, etc. They say men lose easier and faster than women, so I'm sure you'll get to your goal quicker than me! Keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

Grandma Linda has had that spinning wheel for a long time. Kayden does love to push it around and spin on it. He'll even try to get others on with him. Personally, I get sick when I spin like that. Also, careful with the exercise. A lot of guys I know who have worked out, killed over or had a stroke. Moderation and a big gulp is my motto. ;-)

Anonymous said...

I believe in ya Steve! And, I liked that height/weigth link...cool.

Natalie said...

Stevey boy~ This isn't Natalie but it is the one and only BONES(mikey). What is up? Long story how I found your blog but I've been searching google forever trying to find you as a famous artist. How's life? Dude, I checked the rest of your blog and saw your bragging about dropping forty and about wet my pants when rick wrote "did you kick any balls?" That was against me that night on Satterfield! Glad to see your doing great and your family looks very nice. Long live bras on flag poles.
Mike Hammond

2nd Time Around said...

You are funny! Are you starting your healthier lifestyle because Rick is!! HA! Read our blog. Its updated!!

Heidi said...

YAWN.................

2nd Time Around said...

You know whats funny....I have already told Rick he has to keep his office door open. I guess he doesn't hide "THINGS" as well as he thinks he does!