Drove up to the cabin friday night to work on the deck. We got a lot done actually. About 4 pm Andrew, Zacky, Matthew, his friend big Zack and I took off for Panguitch to fish. We rented a boat and spent 3 hours on the lake. I caught 4, Andrew 3, and Matt and little Zack 2 each. Big Zack got skunked. He will do better this weekend though, I promise.
On the way in to the dock we were trolling and i said to Andrew, "we haven't doubled up in a long time." Double up meaning where we both hook a fish and real in at the same time. Not 2 minutes later Andrew says, "I got a huge one." (Again, please refrain from any "that's what she said" comments here). The second he finished his statement my pole went BAM! Yep, we doubled up with two enormous trout. Mine was easily 16 inches. Andrews (as shown in the picture) was around 18 or 19 inches. The picture doesn't do it justice. They were both big fish. As i released my trout (another phrase used for toilet purposes) i thought, "i should have gotten a picture." Oh well, we got andrew's photo for the memories, and we doubled up again, baby!
7 comments:
this post is full of "one liners" - i was trying to keep our blog g rated. o well...
keith is going to have a ball with this post. but at least we can breathe at night....
Steve, you seem to have some kind of gift for calling when you are going to catch a fish. I remember when you and I and Andrew were fishing in G'pas boat (I think we were at Panguitch, but it could have been Kolob) ... I had been hooking all a ton of fish but they kept getting off before I could get them in the boat. You and Andrew hadn't even had a bite and were quite upset at the prospects of being skunked by the "youngen". You vented your frustration and said, "Man, Ryan can hook 'em, but he can't bring 'em in ..... LIKE THIS." You yanked on the pole (<--- another one liner, sorry), but neither Andrew and I believed you had a fish. But when we saw the whale of a trout you pulled in we had to eat a large piece of humble pie.
yes, i remember that very clearly. it was kolob. that was during the 1992 olympics in Atlanta. In fact, was the morning the bomb went off at the olympic site there in Atlanta. very funny one-liner by the way!
its so weird that my friends (Zach and Matt) are going to the cabin where I spent so much time before I ever met them. So weird! But I'm glad you had a great time fishing. I think you and Christina all need to come up to Alaska and fish for salmon and halibut. Woowoo! You'd catch some big ones that you don't catch to release. You catch to devour.
Steve-
Does Grandma Nancy have your blog address? Me thinks you would lose your "golden grandson" title.
cracked me up though :)
jlr
WHAT? You get after me about updating when the last time you posted is the same date as my last post? Come on!!
Post a Comment