Here is our family Christmas Card to everyone, after Christmas. And after the entire year for that matter. I am not one of those people who is good about sending out cards. I don't send birth announcements, or Christmas cards, birthday cards, and I didn't even send out graduation announcements when Steve and I graduated college. If I do send out a card it is usually late, just like this post. And not just a couple of days late, we are talking months late. So this post will have to do as our Christmas card.Like most we have had a great year with its share of joys, accomplishments and trials. Since I would have to look back through this blog to remember what we actually did this year, I will let you do that and just give some updates.
Drew is growing up so fast. He of course thinks he is as big as Kayden. He insists on eating with a spoon or fork and sitting in a regular chair at the table. We have Kayden's little golf bag in the garage next to the door. Drew has to get out a golf club everytime we come home before he will go in the house. He will also bring you a ball and then go stand by the TV with a golf club or bat and wait for you to throw the ball to him. He doesn't swing or anything, but it will be interesting to see where he goes in sports. He can throw the ball pretty well most of the time.Drew is pretty happy most of the time, and has learned to not take everything his brother dishes out. He will get mad and scream. We have screaming back and forth a lot at our house now. Drew insists on being up on the counter while I cook, or on the bathroom counter while I get ready in the morning. He also loves baths and water. If Steve and I don't pay attention we will frequently end up with a visitor in the shower, and many time Drew gets a 2nd bath because he goes and climbs back in the tub while Kayden is still in there. Drew can also say Dad ("Da"), but doesn't say Mom as much. So we can always hear him yelling for Dad. As soon as Drew hears the garage door go up at night, he drops whatever he is doing and runs/waddles to the garage door to wait for Dad to come in. He is still a snuggly boy and gives great hugs. But he bites when he gives kisses, so watch out.
Kayden's personality has grown so much, for better and worse. He will go on and on telling you all about something. His new words are delicious and disgusting. And if he likes something, he will say it is his favorite. And he also hears everytime we say the word stupid or shutup and informs you that we don't say those words. (Dad has been reprimanded a lot lately) We also have to say "ahhh" after we take a drink. I think Steve does this and Kayden has picked up on it. So now we all have to say "ahhh" all the time.Kayden has pretty good manners and will always say "you're welcome" when I tell him "thank you." He will even say it when he brings me something and I don't tell him "thank you." Lots of times I will make him lunch and when I tell him lunch is ready he will casually say, "No thanks. I don't want it." It wasn't really an option, but how do I make him eat it when he refuses so politely? But if he asks for something, and says please, and I don't let him have it, then he gets mad and says, "But I said PLEASE!"
Kayden has endless energy and will play tag all day long. He just walks up to you and says, "Tag, you're it!" and starts running. When Dad gets too tired to play tag then Kayden wants to play Hide and Seek or Duck, Duck, Goose. Drew will start patting you and say "Duh" too. Kayden usually hides in the same places for hide and seek, and he only counts to 4 before he comes looking for you. Anni will always follow me and give away my hiding spot. Drew will watch where Kayden hides and then go and find him for me.
Kayden has also started crying and whining over EVERYTHING. He can get emotional very quickly and then it is hard for him to calm back down. We have been working on how to ask for things and tell Mom and Dad what we need without whining or crying. He has gotten so much better. We are trying to give Kayden the attention he needs when he is being good and Steve took him to his first movie at the movie theaters. He loved it, but I think Steve loved taking him even more.
Kayden is a great big brother. If I ask him to do something for Drew he usually will. And he always shares his food and snacks with Drew without me even asking. The boys love to roll around and wrestle on the floor and chase each other. Kayden has also started informing me of everything Drew wants. "Drew wants a cracker too." "Me and Drew want to watch a cartoon." And whenever I ask who is stinky, or who is ready for bed, Kayden is quick to respond, "Drew does." We love our boys and they make us happy everyday.
We will soon have a little girl for the boys to be big brothers to. I only had morning sickness for a few weeks with this pregnancy, which I am so thankful for. Besides being huge, this pregnancy has been much easier than the other two. What makes it hard is everything else going on and me having no idea how I am going to take care of this baby when I can't do everything right now with only 2 kids. But we know that everything will work out. Kayden loves patting my stomach and keeps asking for the baby and wants to see it.
Steve and I are blessed to have great jobs that let us put our family first. Steve comes home and plays with the boys every night while I make dinner. Other than the boys we really have no lives of our own. Well, Steve does. He still enjoys playing golf and basketball. Instead of just going to the driving range, his new hobby is to go to the shooting range as well.
I have given up my fun hobbies due to being pregnant, but this year I got to be part of a bunco group, so I had a fun girls night out once a month. I am looking forward to a busy next couple of months with audits and taxes before I have the baby. (Hopefully, this will make the last months go by faster.)
So, I think that is pretty much it for our family. We love you all, and feel very blessed to have such great friends and family who are always there for us even if we don't keep in contact as often as we would like to. Thank you for all you do for our family.
We had a wonderful Christmas season and are looking forward to the next year with 3 kids!!! We love you!
3 comments:
Those are all great pictures! Thanks for the Christmas/New Year greetings :)
Way cute family pictures! I am really scared to have three kids too! I can hardley handle the 2 I have! I think it will just come with time and patience! I keep telling my self that. :)
Those are awesome pictures!!! We love you guys.
Post a Comment