Sunday, March 27, 2011

Drew the Disaster




This is how I think of Drew as I clean up mess after mess from him. He is just busy all the time, and it seems that whatever he is doing ends up in a mess. It is a good thing he is so cute making all these messes.

This last week was a hard week. It has been raining nonstop all week. The boys are driving everyone crazy. Drew keeps wanting to go outside and I won't let him because even if it isn't raining at the moment everything is wet and cold.

So Grandma decided she was going to make the boys some play dough. And this is how we found Drew.

The neon green food coloring actually came out of his shirt faster than it got off of his hands. Too bad he didn't turn himself green the week before on St. Patrick's Day.

Here are the boys playing with their play dough.


Kayden said that these are supposed to be cookies with candles on top.


Drew then went and got the sprinkles and put sprinkles on his "cookies". So then Grandma had to get the sprinkles off of the playdough.

It was just one thing after another to clean up all day.

We also had a huge cake disaster. Grandma had to make two chocolate cakes for the youth activity. So she had them sitting on the counter ready to go. When she came home from an errand there were slashes through the top of one and a huge chunk of cake gone.

Kayden was sitting at the table having himself some cake. He llllllluuuuvs cake! Grandma thought I had given it to him, and I thought Grandma had told him he could have some. Grandma was not very happy, but she got another cake mix and made another one to replace the one Kayden had demolished.

Grandma had just gotten the 3rd cake out of the oven and it was sitting on the counter cooling. Well the cake monster must have come back because when she came back in the kitchen the 2nd cake was now all slashed up and ruined. Now we are worried about why Kayden is slashing cakes.

So Kayden was sent to his room and when he came out I helped him make ANOTHER cake.

We ate cake #1 plain. Grandma salvaged cake #2 by flipping it over and making some delicious cream cheese frosting for it. Cake #3 and Cake #4 actually made it to the youth activity unharmed.

What a day! Grandma was exhausted!!!

3 comments:

Erin Camp said...

It's about stinkin' time Jenna made it in the family photo!!!!! I love that picture!!!!!

Brittany B said...

You've only had rain for a week. Try having it for 6-8 months. Please tell me Weston got a better picture than that. Although, I like how that one shows everyone's personalities.

Anonymous said...

ha ha ha I love that story!! I also LOVE your header picture!