
It is funny to see how people grow up, and how I am now in the situation where my parents, uncles and aunts were when I was younger. Way younger. My cousin Dixon just got engaged to this chick from Utah. She is 18 and a freshman. Her parents must be going crazy. I am sure they will be happy though. I remember Dixon when he was born.
Christina is working full time now in an attempt to get the necessary hours to sit for the CPA exam. IT SUCKS. I feel like a worthless parent sending Kayden to a babysitter 5 days a week all day. Christina had to work last saturday all day, and for some reason, some idiot scheduled a scout outing this weekend, on a 3 day weekend that I have to attend because I am in charge of the Varsity scouts.
So this is life. Christina and I are working full time, can barely pay our bills and make way more than the national average. In fact, we made so much money last year we have to pay taxes. And yet, because of student loans, a mortgage, car payments, etc. we live paycheck to paycheck. Again, THIS SUCKS. Granted, our opportunity for making money will only increase and any salary increase we make now is gravy (hopefully).
Speaking of scouts. Friends of scouting is going around soon. This is where the scouts go around begging for donations from churchmembers for scouts. The fact of the matter is, 85% of these donations go directly to administrative fees (the scout offices). This means that some idiot in Utah is making $300,000.00 a year because he "manages" the local scout offices. Think I am joking? I am not. Google it. The LDS scouts see no benefits from these donations. In fact, as much as I hate scouts, I am going to defend our scouts for once. The people at the scout office can't stand the mormon scouts. It is probably because we don't join because we want to. We join because it is what the church does, even though scouts is not a priesthood function. The scout office rips you off with everything. $45.00 for a scout shirt. NOT JOKING. I apparently need to get one, but I will wait for my next trip to St. George and purchase one for $5 from the local thrift store.
Hours upon hours are spent on these boys, while the girls don't get anything from the church. Other than girls camp, they don't get to do outings on weekends, campouts, or activities like the boys do. And again, the boys money does not come from your donation to scouting, it comes from the church. Your donation money goes straight to the guy in Utah who is making $300k per year, and justifies it by saying, "well, I work 60 hours a week." A direct quote from a recent Salt Lake City newspaper. UHHHHHH, like we all don't? So, the point of this is: GASP - don't give money to the friends of scouting. I know I won't be. EVER.
Finally, Kayden continues to grow. His new thing is trying to jump. He doesn't get off the ground, but tries his best. It is funny to watch. He seems to be enjoying nursery a little more. 2 weeks in a row is good. He says more and more words all the time. He even puts very short sentences together, as in 2 words together. "Annie, bite" or "bye bye dada." LOVE IT.
10 comments:
Dude, you are totally sitting in the crow's nest next court of honor!!!
cause i am not allowed in the eagles nest.
That's funny. I had no idea. I have no excitment for scouts to start for Blake. It looks so boring and time consuming. How nice you are making so much you HAVE to pay taxes. I really feel for you. =(!
Just so you don't think the dog is biting Kayden. When he says "Anni bite" he gives Anni a bite of his food (off his fork!-gross). Anni usually gets a bite of everything Kayden eats.
Kels, having to pay taxes isn't a good thing. We don't have the money to pay how much we owe. Hopefully the IRS will be in a good mood when they come after us
Steve, why don't you tell us how you REALLY feel about scouting!! I know absolutely nothing about scouting and I have 3 boys....great!
don't worry Heidi. I will be happy for you when your boys, er, you, earn your three eagle scout badges
I agree that scouting has lost it's luster. The scout dudes have actually suceeded in making the pursuit of a merit badge as complicated as the tax code. Alec got his eagle but Jake didn't. I feared that the ward would shun him, but they didn't. I think the church should just drop out of the program and make up it's own boys club.
steve! are you telling me when jer is all done that we'll still be living paycheck to paycheck? i'm depressed! so great to read up on you though & see your cute son. and as for the scouting thing, i'm really counting my blessings now for having all girls. love, courtney :)
Brittany said "He looks like Mufassa-so he must have Christina's hair".
Post a Comment