
Happy birthday mother! I won't tell anyone you are 49!
Things I remember about my mom. When we lived in Pocatello she would throw the ball so i could hit it with the bat. I would hit it as far as I could and make her chase it. This didn't last long.
She was always and still is extremely righteous and patient. If a woman could be Captain Moroni, she is it. Though I don't think she will chop off someones head.
She was always patient and got us kids out of getting beat with the belt by dad because she is so humble.
While not the best cook, she did her best with what we had. We were very poor for a while.
She has always been a stay at home mom. Always there when you needed her to be, and there even if you didn't want her to be.
She planted the seeds of my testimony of the church by her faithfulness.
She was always warning me to be careful when out with friends on weekends.
She wrote to me every week on my mission.
When she had her stroke, two days after I got off the plane from Brasil, I remember being floored. I was lost as it was, then to almost lose my mother 4 days after she had a baby did me in for a while.
She was extremely rude, but very funny after the stroke because of the steroids. To be honest, these times when she was on steroids after the stroke are some of my favorite memories!
Probably my favorite memory is this one: I don't think I ever heard my mother say a cuss word. I think she said crap one time when i was young. After my mission she got mad at me for something and she called me on the phone and said, "you are in deep S-H-I-T!" She literally spelled it out for me! she couldn't say it, HAD TO SPELL IT! I laughed so hard at her while on the phone that she started laughing as well. Great memories....
Love you mom.
Steve
2 comments:
And a happy 49 years YOUNG birthday from me to Robin too! Did you ever thing we'd get this age so fast?! (Steve, you have a lot of pressure this time of year with all these birthdays, anniversary and Valentine celebrations crunched together within weeks, huh?)
I'm sorry I wasn't a better friend to you when you were going through that rough time with your mom.
Post a Comment