Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Not So Humble


Ok, so i know some of you won't believe me (Keith), but i dropped 40 at church ball last night. it is still nice to know that i got some hoop left in me. Keith doesn't believe that i could score that many in a game. actually my church basketball high was 50 when i was a priest. i also had 30 in one half (cause i only played one half) when i was a priest. my high school high was 27 twice (once against christina's alma mater, cheyenne.) and my college high was 20 against some school from new mexico. bragging? not really, because we still lost by like 15 last night. but hey, i got mine. i think i had 25 of our 33 first half points. i was on fire. haven't had that feeling in a few years. it felt good. now only if my golf game could catch fire.
anyway, the purpose of this post really isn't to brag about my incredible church basketball night. the actual purpose is to let everyone know that christina is prego if you haven't already heard. we didn't want to tell anyone cause it is early, but she is so sick that it is hard to hide it anymore. we are way excited though. she thinks its a girl, but she doesn't know that i am destined for 2 boys to start out with. then girls can come. 2 boys is like having good hunting dogs. if you don't know what i mean, you need to read "where the red fern grows." probably the best book of all time. i did a book report on it each year from 4th through 9th grade.

congrats to christina!

15 comments:

Heidi said...

I am the bomb diggity. Oh, and by the way, we're having another child.... AWESOME POST SKID MARKS!

Rachel said...

Yeah Christina! That is WONDERFUL!

Heidi said...

Congratulations you guys - we're so happy for you and for Christina's sake I'll keep my fingers crossed that you have a girl.
Speaking of Where the Red Fern Grows....it was on the BYU channel recently and we DVRed it. The kids love to watch it and the cougar part scares them everytime.

Anonymous said...

Way cool!!!! Congrats! Let me know if you need anything!!! Can't wait to chat on sunday!

Tiffani said...

Congrats on the baby guys! Sorry you feel crappy Christina. When are you due?

Brittany B said...

HAHA.. so much for not announcing it on the blog.

Christina said...

When I said maybe we should tell our family since they would find out anyway I did not mean to tell the whole world. But anyway. I think I should be due in October, but I don't go to the doctor for another month.

2nd Time Around said...

How exciting! We are so happy for you guys! i hope all goes well and that you start feeling better! You sure are a busy women! I hope you have a girl too. It would sure make Ricker feel better about things!!

2nd Time Around said...

i thought you told me you quit church ball. i hope you didn't drop any F bombs or ball kicks during that 40 point performance!

2nd Time Around said...

that last one was from Rick

Dixon Leavitt said...

I love the Red Fern comparison. I hadnt laughed that hard all week. Steve, out song is Coffee Shop by Landon Pigg. If you havent listened to him, he is very good.

Jayci said...

NICE!!! Congratulations you guys! Good think you're only working full time for a couple more months (the earlier post I think said that) you're going to be busy! :)

Keith A. Runyon said...

40 points? LOL.

Congrats on the pregnancy too. Stevie, you take excellent care of your lovely wife. This could even mean cutting down on golf, but it's a small sacrifice to make.

And quit making up basketball scores. We like you anyway - no matter how many points you say your dropped in. It really doesnt' matter.

Now golf scores? those matter. Keep track of those babies.

Kelsey said...

Steve! You are taking care of your puking wife by coming here to use all my hot water and go golfing everyday? WHat? ha ha! Congrats guys! If she is more sick than she was with K then it is possible because girls have more estrogen which "can" make you sicker. You had better wake up and stop talking about your glory days and move on with life. You've got another kid coming. =) HA HA!

Anonymous said...

Oh, yeah. Big Dan and Little Ann. I remember them well!