Friday, March 21, 2008

March Madness

No, this is not Steve posting, it is actually Christina. I just realized that since Steve is out of town this weekend there has not been any basketball on my TV, and there probably won't be all weekend!

Let me set the scene for you what March Madness weekend is usually like at our house. First of all, Steve always stays home to watch the games. Last year was the only year in his whole life where he went to work, and I'm pretty sure they didn't even work most of the time. Wait, that's the ONLY year Steve's ever worked. Let me revise, last year is the only year Steve has ever gone to work OR school. He even snuck home from high school to watch the games when his Mom made him go. Steve will usually have one game on the TV and another game on his laptop which is sitting on a little table next to him. And the bedroom TV is usually on as well even though no one is watching it, just in case. Steve is then on the couch for 4 days strait. Now I know this is not an uncommon scene in most homes during the NCAA tournament.

So since Steve is gone, we didn't watch basketball last night, and I realized besides the first few games yesterday I have no idea who has won and is moving on. But guess what the good news is? The world has not ended and yes, life is still moving on even though there is no basketball in the Dixon home! Shocked, I know.

Don't get me wrong, I like bastetball, but I can only watch so many games. And I know that there is still 2 more weekends with plenty of games to watch. (I may have to turn on the UNLV game tomorrow though.) I know this is probably an automatic fail on Keith's test, but I will just have to deal.

So to any women whose couches and TVs have been taken over by March madness my house is open to you this weekend.
Go REBELS!! Or as Kayden would say: "WWRRREEEE-BELLLLS!"

2 comments:

steve said...

actually last year I only spent about 30 minutes at work. It was torture. Then we played golf that afternoon. No point in going to work on these days.

Brittany B said...

Christina... Rebels? What happened?