Sunday, November 30, 2008

Drew's Blessing

This kid is so Judd/Cartwright it is sickening. Kayden is definitely Truman, so I suppose we got both of the family's involved!

Today we blessed Drew at church. Next week is our Stake Conference, so we had our fast Sunday today. There were three baby blessings in our huge ward that has new babies almost every week!! I didn't want to put Drew in his blessing outfit because we have had to change his clothes every week at church so far. We already had to change outfits once before church, due to poop. Then I forgot to even take the outfit to church and had to call Steve to bring it. So, we got Drew in his outfit and he looked so cute. He didn't cry at church except during his blessing, of course. Then not five minutes after he was blessed he pooped and Steve had to change his clothes. So he was in his outfit a whole 20 minutes, and we therefore have no pictures!

Thanks to all of our family who were able to come today. It is always fun to have the family together, even with all the craziness. I think that's what makes it so great. For all of the preparation, the blessing part is so short, I wish it could be longer. But Steve gave a great blessing. Short, and to the point, which is how us Dixons do it.

Drew, we love having you in our family, and you are such a good baby. You are also so cute and adorable, and my heart melts everytime you smile at me.

7 comments:

Erin Camp said...

We love us that chubby butterball! Max is still pouting because he didn't get to hold him yesterday. The boys were coughing and sneezing, so we thought we would spare all those people that loveliness.
We love us our Kayden too:)!

The John Hollingshaus Family said...

Wish we could have been there. Maybe for the next one:)

Carrie

Heidi said...

He may look like the Judd side of the family, but all the pooping definitely sounds like a Dixon boy to me!!
I wished we could have visited more yesterday, I didn't get a chance to hold that cute baby! I'm glad we could come :)

Jayci said...

whoa that kid is a poopoo machine!! :P

Sorry about all the outfits and stinky laundry - but he seems so worth it. :) Wish i could have been there to hear it.

Erin Camp said...

Um, so we visit your blog about 10 times a day because the kids want to see their baby Drew and their Kado.

steve said...

Christina got a laptop for Christmas so she can update with more pictures now

Brittany B said...

It was so fun to see Drew! I can't wait till Christmas when I get to see him more than an hour. Maybe you should just put him in his outfit now and take pictures. It doesn't matter they weren't taken on his blessing day.