Wednesday, December 3, 2008

straight up illin

I received a call today from a former teammate of mine at Idaho State. He said someone made a comment on message board/sports blog about me recently. So I looked it up. The comment: "Steve Dixon has one of the sickest reverse layups in ISU history." That's right baby. This Steve Dixon. Keep in mind that this was 8 years ago. I haven't run this fast since this actual occurrence. Still, it is proof that I used to be 30 pounds lighter, could run, jump a little, and was a little athletic. Now I don't even pretend to have this ability anymore. I miss layups at church games and have been designated the scrub at city league. I should be in my prime. Getting old kind of sucks. And yes coach, you should have played me more. Enjoy....

12 comments:

Dixon's said...

Nice hair!!

Dixon's said...

That's my man!! He can still do it!

Andrew Dixon said...

Awesome. I taught you everything you know.

Anonymous said...

This makes me proud Steve.

Ryan said...

Are you sure that you weren't the one who made the comment on the message board? Perhaps under a pseudonym? ;-) That is pretty cool.

steve said...

the comment should have been, "steve dixon has one of the sickest reverse layups in isu history, AND the sickest high top fade in isu history."

Dixon Leavitt said...

I just think its funny that someone would even remember a reverse layup

Heidi said...

Dixon, trust me. If you had seen a white guy do a reverse lay up like that, you would remember it too.

steve said...

Let's be honest. I am going to predict that there aren't many reverse layups going on at ISU anyway. This was the only one I recall in my time there.

Probably the only one followed by the chant "Rudy, Rudy" as well...

sarah said...

I think the stalker started this whole thing. I won't mention the name, but you all know who I'm talking about.
DAD

The John Hollingshaus Family said...

You were always my hero!

Keith A. Runyon said...

What you couldn't have just dunked it? Loser.