Tuesday, June 2, 2009

3rd Birthday

A few weeks ago was Kayden's 3rd Birthday. (I try to forget that I am even old enough to have a 3 year old.) This also means that we have been back in Vegas for 3 years now. It really has gone by so fast. So here is a short recap of Kayden's birth:

Steve graduated from Creighton on a Saturday. Sunday we went to church and finished packing the house. Monday we packed up the truck. Tuesday and Wednesday we drove to Vegas. Thursday at about 2 am, while sleeping outside on the trampoline, my water broke. Kayden was born at 1:15 pm all bruised from using the vacuum and forceps to get him out. He was 6lbs 1 oz, 18 in long, and 1 month early. A few hours later, he stopped breathing, turned blue, and was rushed down to ICU. About 8 pm I finally got to go see him. He was in the hospital for 2 weeks learning how to eat and breathe at the same time and getting over jaundice. And now we have a crazy child who doesn't like to sleep, loves watching Caillou, loves his brother (too much at times), says please and thank you, loves motorcycles, has a great imagination, has big brown eyes, is spoiled, and is our entire world!!

Here are some pictures of the birthday boy opening presents (we actually pretended like his birthday was Sunday instead of Monday. Shhh.)
He is way excited about his movie:
For his birthday, Kayden got a couple trucks with trailers (one has a boat and one has a 4-wheeler). He plays with his trucks non-stop. LOVES them!
He also got a bike with training wheels. We even put it in the closet for him to go find just like Grandpa Judd always used to do. Kayden's favorite part I think was getting a birthday cake. We got it the day before and Kayden kept going to the fridge and looking at it and asking me if we could have some. When my friend was asking him about what he got for his birthday, he told her he got a cake. I asked him what else he got and he said, "a candle." I guess we will just skip the presents next year and go all out on the cake.

This was how the day ended. I think it was a good birthday!!

3 comments:

Erin Camp said...

Dude, I had no idea you were sleeping on the TRAMP when your water broke. You are way too nice of a wife. But we sure do love our Kado. (Abi asked if he was still alive the other day. Guess we need to have him over!)

Jayci said...

ha ha!! I didn't know you were sleeping on the tramp either! crazy, Christina!! :D I think I was there for two really crazy times of Kayden's intro to this world. I'm so glad everything is well with him and he's freaking three years old now. :) He's getting so old!! But you're not. Don't worry. :o)

The Johnsons said...

Jaydee just loves Kayden and constantly talks about him. Excited to get this baby out so we can hang out more.