Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Salt Lake/Logan Trip

So it has been a few years since our family actually went to Salt Lake, which is weird for me because we used to go multiple times every year growing up. In August Steve's cousin got married in Logan so we made a family trip out of it.

It could also be called Steve's golf trip where Christina and the boys do nothing.


So we headed up to Salt Lake on a Wednesday night. Steve got about an hour of sleep and then headed up to Logan early Thursday morning to golf with his cousins and uncle. I can't remember his score (I'm sure he does), but it was over 90 and he got teased for it the rest of the weekend.


I hung-out at my Grandparents on Thursday, which was nice because I don't get to see them very often.

The boys found Grandpa's golf balls on the front porch and had fun playing with them until Kayden started chucking them down the front steps and watching them bounce across the street to the neighbor's front yard. Luckily no cars were hit, but that was the end of the golf balls.
I just enjoyed being outside during daylight hours without melting. And I realized I missed having my big front room window in Omaha and watching something other than the brick wall 5 feet outside my window. Thursday afternoon my brother, Paul, drove us to Ogden to meet Steve and then we went up to Logan to go to the wedding reception that night. Logan was georgous!! I told Steve he could just leave me there. Besides the wind, and ash in our drinks from the fires, it was really nice.

Friday morning we went to the temple for the sealing. We climbed 4 sets of stairs and I was about to die. I was so out of breath from being pregnant. So Steve asked me if we should take the elevator on the way back down. (Going down was fine, but I need to remember about the elevator next time on the way up. I was breathing harder than the grandparents. Embarrassing!)

The sealer kept mentioning how boys are dumb and the woman will always be a step ahead, and that's OK. Just accept it. I concur. It was a really good sealing though and I cried, of course, even though I said I wasn't going to.

Then we went to a breakfast for the family, and the wedding was over. I must say I thought it was kind of nice to have the reception the night before, and have everything finished by noon. I think the groom was pretty excited too.

So then we headed back to Salt Lake. To go have some fun you ask? No, of course not. So Steve could go play golf again with Paul.

(At one point Drew decided to get in the shower and get all wet.)

That night our friends Rick and Lindsey came down from Idaho. Then Saturday we went and had some fun. But wait, not until the afternoon because Steve and Rick had to go golfing first on Saturday morning up in Park City. So Lindsey and I hung-out at Grandma and Grandpa's all morning. Then we went to the zoo with some cranky kids who were missing nap time.


(Baby giraffe)
(Can you tell how much fun Steve is having? That is what golf does to you.)

How come all of the animals insist on sleeping in the corner where nobody can see them? There was a baby giraffe, but the best part was probably the ice cream we got on the way out. Oh, and the penguins. We watched them for a long time. Partly because they were the only animals doing anything, but the kids thought it was great and Kayden wanted to get in the water with them. Um, no. Their dead, leftover fish food was floating everywhere.


Sunday morning we hung-out until it was time to leave.

Grandma had left to go on a trip to Mexico with my Aunt. My Grandpa always comes home from church after Sacrament and then goes back for Priesthood. Well he came home and his sacrament wasn't over yet. When I asked him how come he was home so early he said he wanted to make 2 little wooden chairs for Rick and Lindsey's girls. I said, "Grandpa, you didn't need to come home early for that." Then he told me, "There's just 2 sister missionaries speaking today and I already stayed for one of them." That's Grandpa for you. The girls were really excited about their chairs though.

Kayden also brought home a step stool Grandpa gave him after he tried to steal the one out of the bathroom. Then we headed home and that was Steve's golf trip.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

love how you rub it in that it's all about steve's golfing ha ha. Cute pictures of the kids.

Erin Camp said...

Go ahead and rub it in. I still think you're way too nice. Put the smack down on him Christina.

Jayci said...

I want to see Logan.. :) I bet it's beautiful! minus the fires.. and ash.. and wind. I hate wind!! Glad you went to the zoo, at least. And hiked some stairs! :P

MARCHANT FAMILY said...

Hey Christina this is Holly Marchant. Crazy we just had a family trip to salt Lake last weekend and did about the same thing you guys did. We went to the zoo too. I loved the weather. I can't wait until fall.

steve said...

that was a good golf trip other than the 91 in logan. 82's on each of the next 2 days. and for the record, i was told all she wanted to do the entire time was sit and do nothing and talk to grandma