Monday, December 10, 2007

Live Nativity or Ice Cream?



So last Thursday night we tried to go see the Live Nativity. We got there early, but not early enough. There wasn't anywhere to even stand where we would be able to see anything but the lights shining in our eyes. We couldn't stay for the second one because Steve was playing basketball that night. We decided to leave and go get ice cream at Danielle's instead.


It was an excellent decision!! I, of course, got a hot fudge sunday. Steve's little sister Helen was with us, and when I told her that Danielle's has the best hot fudge in the world she said, "yeah right, how do you know?" I had her try some on her ice cream and then she said, "You're right, this is the best hot fudge in the world." She then proceeded to take half of my hot fudge. It was funny.


Kayden also loved the ice cream and sampled everyone's. He also decided to help himself to a sample of jellie bellies. He pulled open a drawer of pink jellie bellies, took one and ate it, and closed the drawer before Steve and I had even realized what he was doing. Then we were laughing too hard to get mad at him. We decided it was time to go before Kayden did anymore stealing.

11 comments:

Heidi said...

Where is Danielle's? I hear about it all the time but never tried it.
That totally sounds like something Helen would say!

Dixon's said...

It is on the northeast corner of Saraha and Torrey Pines next to a shell gas station

steve said...

i think Andrew should win the award for most posting on our blog. Danielle's is my favorite. You have to get a raspberry freeze.

Ryan said...

I have to say that I miss Danielle's! There is nothing like that here in GA. And I second the motion on the raspberry freeze - THE BEST!.

Heidi said...

Steve and I went to Danielle's two nights after I got home from my mission. I remember sitting there thinking, "I am hanging out with a high school kid at an ice cream joint. I seriously have no life." But the ice cream was good.

Heidi said...

Okay, so who's with me? I say let's plan a night during the holidays to meet at Danielle's for raspberry freezes!!

BTW--I post comments just as much as Andrew

Heidi

steve said...

done on danielle's. name the time and place.

steve said...

or you can just leave out the place since it is danielle's...

Anonymous said...

I want to go. I wonder if I still have an account there???

Jayci said...

oo Danielle's... Kayden is really funny with those pink jelliebellie drawer. And I'm glad you got to prove your fudge theory right to Helen. :)

Heidi said...

come on, it's been a week--update!