I feel like we need a new post, but our family doesn't have much to post about. So I will just tell you a little of what we did this weekend. The title of this post does warn you that this is boring, so only read on if you have nothing else to do.
I started working full-time this month, so we don't really do anything during the week besides work, eat dinner, and go to bed. I did go to a visiting teaching kick-off Thursday, which was really good and gave me a renewed desire to do better this year, which shouldn't be too hard since I only went once last year. Plus, there was good food!! I had to hurry home though so Steve could go play basketball, of course!! I had 3 missed calls by 9 o'clock.
Since we were at home sick all last weekend we went out and ran errands this weekend. We got some pizza on Friday night at the place where we ate for my 16th Birthday for any of you that were there. Then we went and got another car seat so we won't have to constantly move the one we have, or go without. Steve picked Kayden up on Friday and didn't have a carseat to bring him home in. Luckily, it is close to our house and nothing happened. Then we went to the mall on Saturday and got Steve some more work shirts so he won't have to wear holy ones anymore, and of course we had to get more ties too. I think ties for guys are like shoes for girls. You can never have too many. I also got some cute, new work clothes with a gift card from Christmas. It is always the best to get clothes when you don't have to pay for them. Then we finally got a new grill with a giftcard my mom gave us for Christmas. So, of course, we had to go get some steaks so we could try out the grill that night. It was delicious!! Good job Steve on the grilling (and his Dad for telling him what to do)!!
Sunday was church as normal and then dinner at the Dixon's with Grandma and Grandpa Dixon and Great Grandma Stapely as well. We love when they come because we don't see them very often. I especially love it because then everyone starts reminiscing and I get to learn a lot about what the Dixon's did growing up. Plus we always ask Grandpa gospel questions, which I really appreciate since my own Grandpa is not here anymore, and I didn't ask him near as many questions as I should have.
Well, not too exciting stuff, but it was a fun weekend for our family to spend time together. I don't think Steve and I saw each other more than a few minutes each day during the week. Hopefully my next blog will be more eventful.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I remember that pizza place. I only went there once - for your birthday. But I remember thinking it was really good. The limo ride was fun too!
I'm glad you still posted. Still exciting, too. Cute new work clothes? I'm envious!
I'm glad you are feeling better, but I was sad Grandma got sick. Is she doing better now? my mom and dad went over Saturday night, but I haven't heard since.
Glad your grilling went so well!
Andrew is awesome on the grill and should teach Steve how he grills filet mignons - they are to die for! We should have you over sometime for surf and turf (filets and lobster tails.)
Andrew and I do tag team grilling - I come up with the marinade and sides while he grills!
Post a Comment