Tuesday, May 12, 2009

I started part-time work last week!! I can't tell you how great it was to not have to go into work and have a 4 day weekend to spend with my boys!! It felt like it was my last day of work forever, but I had to come back this week. Well, I won't try to catch up on everything I haven't posted about while our lives were a discombobulated mess.

So Friday was spent organizing. I LOVE organizing things. (You wouldn't know it though by looking at my house right now.) I got my maternity clothes and the clothes Drew has grown out of put away. I didn't really clean though so the house is still a mess. Oh well, we have 2 boys living there.

For Mother's Day Steve held the kids off as long as possible so that I could sleep in until 8. (Brit - I know you sleep in past this everyday, but this is sleeping in for most Moms.) The boys brought me in my gifts and a card. Kayden said, "Look Mom, I got you a present and Dad got you some mail!" Those words were my best present. Steve got me the first Twilight book to read since I have read all of the other ones now (I'm way behind everyone else). He also got me some snowy chocolate popcorn (which was mostly enjoyed by Kayden and the dog).

Here is a synopsis of my worst Mother's Day gift. I was laying on the bed reading and Kayden was jumping on Steve. Kayden comes over to play with me and says, "Go to sleep Mom." So I close my eyes pretending to be asleep and Steve puts his wet finger in my ear. What a little devil scheming with his Dad!!

On Saturday Steve took the 4-wheeler to get fixed and tuned up so it will be ready for the cabin this summer. We told Kayden the 4-wheeler was broken and we had to go get it fixed. Kayden Loves, Loves, Loves the 4-wheelers. Now all he talks about is going to the cabin and riding them. His bikes in the backyard have all become 4-wheelers, but now they frequently break and we have to fix them with his Handy Manny tools. We can only ride around the back yard a couple times then Kayden will say, "Stop Mom. It's broken" Then we stop and fix them and try again. Part of fixing them also includes putting air in the tires and filling them with gas. And Kayden makes sure we put on our helmuts too. He also reminds us to take his helmut to the cabin and makes sure we know that it is in the garage. Oh, what do we have ahead of us if he is already so smart and observant and he isn't even 3 yet!

Drew got his 2 bottom teeth last week, and he is starting to lean forward on his hands and knees to reach for things. Hopefully, he will be crawling soon, and then he can get away from his brother who likes to torture him (Kayden thinks he is playing though). Just one example of torture last week: Kayden thought Drew needed a haircut and wanted to give him one with the potato peeler. Thankfully, Mom got there before any damage was done. Regardless, Drew stays pretty happy most of the time.

Well, I of course forget my camera so I will post some pictures later.

6 comments:

Jayci said...

SCARY potato peeler!! Kayden SEEMED smart until that story. ha ha!! That wet willy story made me laugh. Those guys are a good team! Congrats on going part time - I bet that feels great!

Beverly Gordon said...

Haven't seen your blog since before Salt Lake but glad you had a great time because I did too. It was fun shopping (Don questioned my Visa Card) but hey, it was time to spoil the older kids. Thanks again Tessa for hanging with us.
mom

Heidi said...

A haircut with a potato peeler sounds very painful - I'm glad you intervened!

And thanks for the idea for a 'jeans' blanket! I never would have thought of that! I'm definitely saving all the pants now and hopefully will have someone make one for me down the road!!

Erin Camp said...

Yeah! Max use to "fix" his truck too.

The Praters said...

Part Time!!!!! We need 2 swim soon!

The John Hollingshaus Family said...

Can't wait to see you guys!!!We will have fun this summer. I am excited for Kayden and Jordan to get to know each other better! Can't wait to go to the cabin Yipee!!