
We slept in Thursday morning and then headed to Lava Hot Springs to go swimming. We tried floaties on Kayden and he loved it!! At first he was nervous in the water when we would let him float by himself, but after a while he wanted to be all alone. He did very well. (Why did I spend $20 on the other jacket when the floaties were$2??) Thursday night we got a babysitter and went to the movies. Why is it that you are so excited to have a night alone and then you just think about your kid all night and miss them?
Friday the guys went golfing. Lindsey and I took the kids to her Ward’s breakfast and then to the Parade where they throw candy for the kids. I guess this is pretty standard in Idaho and Utah, but we never got any candy at “parades” (if you can call them that) in Vegas. I think Kayden liked the motorcycle cops that led the parade more than anything else.
(These pictures are from my phone so they aren't very good.) Kayden and Madi getting candy.
Kayden and Madi watching the Army vehicles.
We went to Rick’s parent’s house for dinner that night and ate way too much food. Kayden didn’t eat though, he just wanted to play outside since he doesn’t get to at home anymore because it’s too hot. The house is on the golf course so after dinner we went out onto the fairway and watched the fireworks over at the fairgrounds. During dinner Kayden, Madi, and Rick's nephew Tre ran down to the green on the second hole and played in the sand trap. Steve had to follow them all the way down and up the hill on his bad leg.
Saturday, the boys got up and went golfing again, of course. (Us girls decided that we are going to leave the boys with the kids on our next trip. Does anyone have any good recommendations for spas in Utah or Idaho?) Lindsey and I met them with the kids in Blackfoot at Grandma and Grandpa Truman’s house to go to Jackson Hole for the day. What an absolutely beautiful place!! Steve and Rick took Kayden and Madi on the Alpine Slide. We waited for them at the bottom FOREVER, but when they came down the kids had the biggest smiles on their faces. They LOVED it!! Of course, Kayden never sat still while they were waiting. Steve was worried about him falling off the chair lift, and rolling down the side of the mountain while they waited in line at the top.
If you look closely you can see Steve and Kayden coming down the mountain on the slide
When we got to Lava, we told Kayden to hold hands with Halle so we wouldn't lose anyone. It was so cute. 
Apparently sparks flew when they first held hands because on the way to Jackson, Kayden kept reaching over for Halle's hand in the backseat. Kayden's first girlfriend!

Sunday it was sadly time to come home. Once again, Kayden didn’t sleep until the last couple of hours. This time it took us 10 hours thanks to construction and an accident in Farmington. It was so nice to get out of the heat. The evenings up there were perfect and I just wanted to stay outside all night. It was so weird to be back in Pocatello and brought back some fun memories from when Steve and I were first married. Thanks to Rick and Lindsey for a great weekend!
4 comments:
That sounds like a fun trip. I'm surprised there was no fishing involved.
Oh, I miss Idaho. We loved it there. Look at all the green. So much more appealing than all the brown. However, only in Idaho would kids be allowed to play in a sand trap on a golf course.
KAYDEN LOOKED SO CUTE IN HIS LITTLE SWIM FLOATIES! IM GLAD YOU GUYS HAD FUN IN IDAHO. WHEN YOU GET A CHANCE TELL EMILY SHE NEEDS TO UPDATE. I THINK THAT I AM WEARING HER DOWN I JUST NEED A LITTLE HELP.
sounds like a great trip! Minus the golfing trips. :) Enjoy those spa days on the next outing. I love the floaties.
Post a Comment