Monday, November 12, 2007

A Visitor On Stage


So I had a visitor on stage yesterday. It was the primary program so the stage was full of kids. While the sacrament was being passed one of the primary leaders tapped me on the shoulder, and I turned around and there was Kayden coming up the stairs! I looked down at Steve and he just held up his hands like, "I don't even know how he got up there." So Kayden sat on the organ bench with me and tried to play the organ (luckily I had turned it off). Then, he got mad when it didn't make any noise and started pounding on it. Of course, he wanted to walk around and play with all of the kids and he wouldn't hold still. Finally, I had to take him off the stage and we eventually ended up out in the hall, of course.

I can always hear when Steve comes into the chapel before sacrament because Kayden starts crying when he sees me. And when I have to go up to play the closing song, Kayden always cries and Steve has to take him out. The poor kid just wants his mom, and I always have to leave him. I guess yesterday he just figured he would come find me.

7 comments:

Heidi said...

Nice parenting skills Stephen--you don't even notice when you little boy is walking up to the front?

steve said...

I noticed. He just took off. I knew where he was going, he knew where he was going, so why not let him go?

Brittany B said...

Why does the kid have a band-aide on his chin?

Kelsey said...

That's a typical dad for you. Make your life hard while youre trying to do your calling. =) That story made me lol.

Dixon's said...

Kayden is trying to be like Nelli. Actually, Kayden scratched himself with a pencil last Monday night. I don't think he got any led in there, and we didn't think it was bad enough to need stitches. I had to keep putting band-aids on it to keep the cut from getting dirty and the scab from peeling off. Kayden would sit very still for me to put the band-aid on though. The next day he fell in the rocks and scratched up his forehead. People probably think he is an abused child.

Heidi said...

In Steve's defense, he was probably sleeping like any good dad should do in church because their jobs and wife drive them into the ground the other 6.5 days of the week. --Andrew

Jayci said...

how cute! He knows he has a great mom. He's just keeping close tabs on you. Sorry about the pencil cut. yikes. My dad still has a piece of pencil led stuck in the palm of his hand. It's nasty! I think it got in there in Middle School.