What is it about all these retarded reporters complaining and raising issues about the Chinese girls olympic gymnastics team? Why do we always have to have drama? So what if the girl is 13. She BEAT our 16 and 20 year olds. If we can't beat their 13 year olds do we really deserve to win the gold medal? Do we really want China to be disqualified because the girl is 13 so we can "fall into" first place? I personally don't. This isn't a situation like little league softball where you have kids who are really 19 playing against 12 year olds and blowing fastballs by them! In that case, there exists a true disadvantage. Hard to complain though when the pitcher is 3 years younger than you. Illegal, no. He's just better than you, and so were the Chinese the other night. Some will say those are the rules. I think it is a stupid rule. I don't think I need to explain why.How can people continue to say that Michael Phelps wouldn't break these records without the new "suit." SERIOUSLY? The suit probably helps for like 1/10000th of a second. Don't think it helped that much when he blew away the mens 800 the other night by 5 seconds.
Final rant: why are the olympics on at 8pm? New York gets them live at 5 our time. Can't we get them at 6 or 7 so we aren't up until 1am watching? Christina and I desperately wait to turn on the olympics at 8. It would by way better to be able to watch earlier! Who decides this stuff?
Peace out
10 comments:
1. I agree with you on the Chinese girls. If you can have 13,14 or 15 year old swimmers, then why not allow them in gymnastics?
2. Go PHELPS! (And Lezak's anchor leg in the 400 free was INCREDIBLE!) As a former swimmer, the new suit might help a little more than 1/10000th of a sec (i.e., .1 or .2 of a second), but who's counting? He could probably still beat everyone if he were covered in sasquatch-like hair all over his body.
3. Although we get the olympics 3 hours earlier than you, it still starts at 8:00pm here, which means we are up till 1am just like you. I've been watching them online the next morning, to get more live stuff.
As a former Olympic athlete I have to agree with you Steve. I don't care if 8 years olds compete or 41 year old swimmers. I don't think age should matter. Perhaps the Chinese should have just paid more money to the IOC to make the age limit 10 so that the thumbelina-sized gymkats could compete legally (wink, wink).
As for NBC, well they suck. They paid 896 million bucks (someone held out for the last million) so we could get stuff on digital delay? I get the results on ESPN.com beforehand. No drama = no watchie for KAR.
Phelps? Unreal. It's not the suit, it's the swimmer. Sort of like golf - it ain't the club, it's the playa.
And how nerdy did Katie Hoff look every time she stood on the blocks and fidgeted with her goggles? And the chipped nail polish? How tacky. I think the chips actually slowed her down to be quite honest with you. Too much drag.
It's true, look it up.
Too much drag, Keith? That's what I was thinking about you in the ocean last week.
I really dont understand not showing everything live across the whole country. It will get better ratings than any local news or Friends rerun and then I dont have to avoid the emails on my phone telling me that phelps won another gold
"Anger is a short madness." Horace [Quintus Horatius Flaccus], "Epistles," bk. I
Are females allowed to comment here about the olympics? Anywho - the late night olympic coverage is bugging me. While I am a night owl, I have fallen asleep 3 times and missed the exact event I had wanted to watch.
And I agree with Keith - the swimmers and all their fidgeting and adjusting right before the race drives me nuts! But I think it's funny when they have red marks on their foreheads from the goggles.
whose the retard that commented as anonymous?
"only losers post as anonymous"
steve, bk 1, act 9,437.2
tessa, very funny! I've got my eye on you now...
It was sweetness to take 1,2 in the overall womens gymnastics. Eat that China. I'm not a Phelps fan but I like all the Golds that he is bringing to the US. We can't lose to China...just can't.
ACR
time for a new post steve... (sound familiar) zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz i'm falling asleep!
Post a Comment