Monday, August 25, 2008

Our Not Interesting Happenings

PREGO UPDATE!!!!!!!!

I finally got a new calling yesterday after being released from the organ a couple of months ago. I must admit it was nice being able to go to church for a while and not have to worry about preparing anything, but I am ready to serve again. My new calling is primary chorister. My responsibility according to lds.org is to teach children the gospel of Jesus Christ through music and testimony. This was my calling for about 4 months before the organ and I had such a hard time leaving primary so I am really excited to be back. I love the little kids and their creative yet simple answers to life’s great questions. The primary program is scheduled for the week after the baby’s due (YIKES!), but I think they are going to move it back a couple of weeks for me. I guess I have to start getting creative again. I love having music callings though because otherwise I tend to quit playing the piano.

No other exciting news to report. Just the everyday joys of Kayden. This morning I went to get him out of bed and he said, “Shut the door Mom.” Then when I shut the door and stayed in the room he said, “Go Mom.” So I left and Dad had to go get him out of bed. He is like his Dad in that he takes a while to wake up and it is best to just leave him alone. Kayden's vocabulary has probably tripled in the last month and sometimes it takes me a while to figure out what he is saying becuase he says new words all the time. I love it!

Kayden has also started “going to work.” He gets on one of his bikes and will ride it out of the room. When I ask him where he is going, he says, “I go to work.” He also loves going and watching Steve play base ball (Kayden says it like its two words). At home he asks for his baseball and I find him putting on this pair of Steve’s tennis shoes. For some reason he thinks they are baseball shoes.


We also finally let Kayden ride the horsee at Wal-Mart the other day. He LOVED it. Steve has the pictures on his phone so he will have to post them. I hope Kayden doesn’t think he needs to ride the horse everytime now. However, I took Kayden to see Uncle Gerald’s real horses and he was scared to death and wouldn’t pet them at all. Anni is a big enough horse for him.

7 comments:

Erin Camp said...

I love the utterly bored man NOT listening to his daughter behind Christina in the pictures. Love the horse. He looks so happy!

2nd Time Around said...

We have the same calling Christina. It is the best calling. You will love it. You look cute pregnant. Can't wait for the baby to be here so we can come see you again!! we miss you guys!!

The Praters said...

Lookin good prego. Any updates on the name? R u going to the cabin this weekend?

Heidi said...

Like everyone always says - being the primary chorister was my favorite calling. I loved doing it too a few years ago. Just please don't be like our primary chorister who leads every song in 4/4 time, no matter what.....drives me nuts every week!!!

Dixon's said...

Emily - No we're not going to the cabin this weekend even though I would love to. I'm not supposed to leave town anymore. I'm feeling a little trapped.

Heidi-that would drive me crazy as well. I don't look at the timing on primary songs and kind of just keep the beat until I figure out what the timing is. I probably make the pianist and primary teachers crazy.

Erin Camp said...

Ok, we haven't seen Kayden in forever......When are you bringing him over? Date this weekend? My kids seriously miss their cousin.

Jayci said...

fun calling. I'm in primary too and i'm loving it! You look so cute all pregnant and everything. Kayden is really growing up so fast. I love that picture of him on the horse. But I"m shocked he was afraid of the real thing!!! Was Uncle Gerald laughing? :)